|05/13/2020||Notices||by Sarcee Meadows|
The Board of Directors has engaged “About Staffing” a Calgary recruitment firm to support the hiring process for a full-time permanent General Manager. Members are welcomed to visit the About Staffing website at www.aboutstaffing.com to view this posting and other employment opportunities.
General Manager – 40405
Placement Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 40405
ABOUT STAFFING is an Alberta-based recruitment and employment agency specializing in temporary, direct hire and temporary to direct hire placements. Headquartered out of Calgary, Alberta, we are a full-service staffing agency that can fill jobs all across Canada.
As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Calgary Client is seeking a General Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
ABOUT the Organization:
Our client is a Housing Cooperative in the SW quadrant of Calgary. Comprised of over 350 townhouse style housing units on a 35-acre site. The organization is an incorporated cooperative and is governed by a volunteer board of directors.
ABOUT the Culture:
This cooperative is made up by a dynamic volunteer board of directors along with qualified office and maintenance staff and contractors. This team prides themselves on Engagement, Integrity, Inclusion, and Collaboration.
ABOUT The Position The General Manager acts in service to the members of the co-operative, leads the development and implementation of operational plans, controls the organization’s finances, and manages the staff. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Board Governance: Working with the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Organization’s Mission and Strategy: Ensure that the mission is fulfilled through strategic planning, member engagement, and service delivery.
- Financial Control: Managing the annual budget and controlling operational expenditures to ensure the financial health and long-term viability of the co-operative.
- Operations and Staff Management: Oversees staff and ensures the implementation of annual and long term plans for maintenance and capital replacements.
To meet the challenges of this role, the ideal candidate must lead with integrity, be a strategic; critical thinker and problem solver, an effective communicator, with high emotional intelligence.
- High School diploma and at least 2 years of relevant post-secondary education.
- 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years senior management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a volunteer board of directors.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, and members.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the unique character, needs and mission of a housing cooperative.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Calm, friendly, and positive outlook and demeanor.
- High level of computer literacy.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a salary of 80k-100k based on experience. Compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate 40405 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.