Membership Update June 18, 2020
|06/18/2020||Notices||by Sarcee Meadows|
Annual Member Information Update Form: Reminder these are due June 26, 2020. Failure to submit your form by this date will result in a $50 fine. If you require a new form, please ask at the office.
Non-Emergency Work Orders: To align with the provinces’ phase 2 of re-opening, we have resumed regular work orders. From January 1, 2020 to June 2, 2020, we had 249 unprocessed non-emergency work orders, and many, many more have been submitted since then. We are prioritizing the water leaks and electrical issues to reduce our risks. Work orders may not be processed in the order they were received. The team is working hard to get through these, please be patient as we move through this backlog. What can you do to help? Please respond to our calls to set up a date and time to come and execute work orders in your unit.
To process work orders under these conditions we will be adhering to the following:
- Screening: Before entering a unit, we will be asking if any one of the following conditions apply:
- If anyone in the unit has had ANY symptoms in the past 10 days – cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat, or;
- has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or;
- has travelled outside of Canada after March 12.
- If any of those conditions apply you MUST inform us and your work order will be postponed. Failure to do so, puts the entire coop at risk.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment): All staff will be wearing masks and when possible gloves
- Social Distancing: We will require any individuals in the home to remain a minimum of 6 feet away from staff.
- Gatherings: We will not be able to execute work orders where more than 15 individuals are present indoors.
Shrubs, Hedges and Tree Watering: It takes a community! As we head into the warmer months, we are asking for your assistance in making sure that the hedges and trees near your unit are getting watered regularly. Please help us in keeping the shrubbery healthy and lush! Signature will begin pruning and shaping the shrubs in July. Our Arborist, Tom, will come four times in summer to water the large trees along our perimeter on 37th, 44th, 40th, and Sarcee Rd.
We are seeking creative ideas on how to ensure our grounds are kept watered. One suggestion is creating a youth program where individuals can “adopt a tree” to take care of for the summer. If you are interested in this program please let us know.
Loam: We have loam available for pick up at B50 during office hours. Please note that it will be limited to a max of 3 wheelbarrows full per household.
Landscaping: If you do not want Signature cutting your lawn please contact the office and place the Yellow Bow on your mailbox or on your back doorknob. Please make it visible.
Concrete sidewalk: We are continuing to repair the concrete sidewalks around the complex. These are being completed in order of priority with the greatest risks being addressed first.
Gardens: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Being a part of a cooperative is about participating in your community and what a better way to participate than to get your hands dirty and maybe even learn a little. Our Arborist Tom Hawkes will be working on the gardens on Mondays starting June 29, excluding July 13th. We are looking for volunteers to come out and assist with pulling weeds and cleaning up the garden beds. Tom will be there to educate you on what needs to happen. Wear clothes that can get dirty and if you have them wear gardening gloves and if you have them bring along a trowel.
Swing by and check out the cleanup Tom did in garden bed in front of B50! Did you know that there is a time capsule that was hidden in there! It is to be opened in 2068. How exciting!
Have a great week.
Interim, General Manager