Membership Update October 26, 2020 AUTUMN EDITION
|10/26/2020||Notices||by Sarcee Meadows|
I hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy as the snow begins to fall and we are starting to see below zero temperatures.
Winter Preparation and Safety Reminders:
- We have now completed turning off the lawn service taps for our elderly members.
- We have ice melter available at the office. Please come and get some before the ice builds up. Apply it to your outdoor steps and walkway, particularly when it warms during the day and then freezes again at night.
- Stock up on medicine and prescriptions before extreme weather hits.
- Make sure space heaters are not overloading electrical breakers and keep them a minimum of 3 feet away from anything flammable.
- Winter driving: Leave early, drive slow, if you are sliding – pump your breaks.
- Remember to always have enough mittens and toques in your car for the entire family as well as water, snacks, and first aid supplies, in case of a winter break down.
- Congratulations to Cathy for completing Sage Level 1 and 2 training!
- Dean, Eric, Graham, Dave and Jeff all completed their recertification for Fall Safe.
- Eric, Dean, Dave, and Leanne have completed First Aid and CPR.
LANDSCAPING / ARBOR / SNOW REMOVAL INFORMATION SESSION
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
REMINDER: OFFICE CLOSURE
October 30, 2020 the office and shop is closed to members.
This is for our annual inventory and fiscal year end processes.
Related to this, remember November housing charges will be processed on November 2.
Please remember that we are still under pandemic restrictions. Please continue to respect one another, wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart, wait outside the office if someone is already being served. Also remember to connect with isolated or quarantined loved ones.
We have continued to maintain the website with current events, recent messages, upcoming events, and the new application process. Please check it regularly.
Committee Meetings and Technology:
All committees are meeting again. We have upgraded our technology to support blended meetings. In the boardroom there is now a proper ‘spider phone’ for better speakers and mic for those connecting remotely. We have a new projector and laptop to display meeting materials so that everyone can see them. We continue to use GoToMeeting with this new hardware to support those who want to connect remotely.
The following committees are in need of more members. Please contact the office if you are interested in participating. If you have questions about what it takes we are happy to connect you with a current committee member.
- Finance Committee
- Property Maintenance Committee
- Education and Involvement Committee
- Grievance Committee
- Environment Committee
The Board has been able to make use of the large boardroom at Grace Lutheran which allows sufficient physical distancing to hold in-person meetings.
Keep warm and safe!